Saturday, March 27, 2010

COOKIES: Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Recipe

Yes, they're as good as they look. This is an altered recipe. In other words, I took a couple different ideas, changed things a bit, and mixed up this gluten-free dough.

This recipe makes approximately 6 dozen cookies, and each cookie is at least 3" in diameter.

With your electric mixer, just to make things easier, cream together the following ingredients:

1 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. Crisco shortening
2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs

In a separate bowl, combine the following:
3 c. white rice flour
1 c. tapioca flour
1/2 c. potato starch
2 t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
2 t. salt

Now, with the electric mixer running at a low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. I like to add a half cup at a time. Continue to mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.

Slowly add 12-24 oz. semisweet chocolate chips and 1 c. chopt walnuts. Mix thoroughly.

Roll cookie dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Grease cookie sheets. I use large jelly roll pans and get a dozen cookies on each pan. You should probably place them about 2.5 to 3 inches apart.

Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes. Remove from oven, let cookies cool while still on pans.

If the cookies look suspiciously moist after they have sat out for a minute or two, I return them to the oven for another minute. That should take care of any remaining glossiness and make sure the cookies are done.

I actually added a half package of butterscotch chips to this recipe, but next time I'll just use the chocolate chips and walnuts. The butterscotch chips made them too sweet for me. I should have known better than to try to improve on chocolate chips and walnuts!

These cookies are going to the grandkids today! Don't worry, I will leave a plate of cookies with Joe too. :-)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

I love chocolate chips cookies. My grand kids love anything chocolate. Have a wonderful day today with your family. Are you staying the weekend? Praying a safe trip for you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails