Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Every Cowboy Needs a Horse

Waiting on the next little grandson to make his grand entrance, I wanted to get THE BLANKIE ready to go at a moment's notice. His ETA was actually the 11th, I think, so that boy better get movin'. 

I loved the cowboy theme on this wonderful flannel, and it reminded me of the mid 1950's when my mom made my sister and me Roy Rogers and Dale Evans outfits. I got to be Roy, of course, for I was older. I mean, who wants to be Dale Evans when you can be Roy Rogers and have Trigger for your horse!  I don't remember Gini voicing an opinion about being stuck with the Dale Evans vest and skirt while I got a vest and chaps!

For the opposite side of the blankie, I chose a deep red with a woodsy bear and deer theme. Why not give the baby a choice of things to look at!

And, as we all know, every cowboy needs a horse, needs a horse, needs a horse.


Just to make sure you have your ear worm for the week, please click on the following link:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_3Ri3QaiU 

Gma and Gpa are just a waitin' for that phone call!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Awww! How cool is this?!! I told Kevin today that he has got to stop calling you for other stuff, as I am sure every time the phone rings...sigh. This boy is definately comfortable where he is at right now. Doctor says I have dialated another 1.5 cm since last week, so now I am at 3.5 cm. I have heard of women dialated 4-5 cm and walking around for weeks like that! However, Doc says if I make my appointment next Tuesday, we will need to start talking induction dates. UGH! I hate inductions!

Love the blanket! Boys loved the cowboy clip! I bought Brogan two Red Ryder DVDs for his Birthday in February. I so prefer the "old time" stuff to what's out today! Soren was running around with his marshmellow blaster this morning, saying "I protect my famiwee!" :D Such cute and destructive creatures all bundled into one skin.

Lots of Love!

danika said...

That's an adorable blanket, Mom!

also, I don't know if I can keep coming to your blog - what with a) the picture spider and b) the most miserable, annoying earworm in existence - thanks! :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Yes, every time Kevin calls, I'm sure it's because the baby's arrived! We will pray for delivery without induction.

Soren can be our #1 sentry on the Masrud Compound with his marshmallow gun. :-)

Dänika, I know there are other equally annoying earworms out there. I will try to find them for you. ;-) :-)

Deborah said...

So what would the earworm be? I didn't think it was the Youtube video as that was cute. Hmmm...Danika you can't mean the little bitty lamb at the bottom of this blog do you? I guess I never hear it as I make sure before I come here to shut off my computer sound. :)

Very nice blanket my friend. I love it and so will the new grand baby. :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Well, as I was unloading the dishwasher this evening, I found myself singing, 'Every cowboy needs a horse...' Does it every time!

danika said...

Oh no, Debbie - it's the cowboy song! All it took was reading the title of this post for the song to get stuck in my head all day. :)

Cranberry Morning said...

Just think, Dänika: For the next few days, you and I will be thinking of the same song at any given moment. What a motherly-daughterly thing. (she writes with a sinister smile) ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails