Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Great Tie Dyeing Experiment

Yes, there were 34 shirts in all, each one getting 4 rinses and one wash/rinse

It's VBS at our church this week, and my friend and I are the craft leaders. We stray from the crafts suggested in the curriculum because we want these projects to at least make it home from VBS before getting destroyed. I have a couple [vintage] VBS or Bible camp projects I made when I was a kid, and although I have no delusions of our VBS crafts lasting a lifetime, I'm hoping that the kids are enjoying them. Some may even show them to their grandchildren one day! Okay, maybe not.

I'm so far behind, but hope to get back to your blogs next week. 

Hope you're having a good week! Just wanted you to know that I haven't fallen off the edge...yet.



Photobucket

11 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, I love tie dye! I haven't done that since Jeremy was little ....

Empty Nester said...

Aren't you the brave one taking on the VBS crafts! I remember those days...and that's why I'm not doing it now. LOL

Joyce said...

Have fun-tie dyeing is very very brave : )

Brenda Susan said...

Oh the days of VBS organizing and sweating through! Tie-dye is always a hit, good plan!

Tiffanee said...

WOW!! I am so impressed!! I hope you will give me tutorial!! Have fun and what a wonderful service you are giving!!

Unknown said...

We did tye-dye shirts too! How fun!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I love tie dye! The blue & green one is really pretty, my favorite colors :)

erin said...

I love tie dye! Its going to be my next project with the kids! Bleach in guns was fun, but now for some color! haha.

Under Her Wings said...

Our teens tie dyed shirts for themselves for camp. Cute!

Judy said...

Your dyeing photos brought back memories, not of VBS, but of Girl Scout day camps. I think we've finally turned a corner with our weather and have been trying to reclaim the yard from the weeds for the past couple of days...after our most recent company left. It's been busy. Happy Fourth!

Karen Harris said...

Who doesn't love a tie dyed t-shirt. They just make you smile don't they. Lucky VBSers to have you as craft leader. 'm very behind on my blog reading too with kids home and a week in Memphis. I'm trying to catch up myself.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails