Monday, June 13, 2011

Setting up the Screen Room


It's a little later than usual, but we had such a cold spring that no one would have enjoyed the screen room until now. With temperatures finally in the 70s (and even 97 last Tuesday!) it was time to get the screen room set up for the season.



This year we put a piece of Astro Turf on the ground before setting up the screen room. There is so little grass growing in that area because of the shade, that we might has well have something besides dirt under summertime bare feet. Kevin and Joe were nice enough to struggle with the mass of canvas and netting that makes the screen room.



Checking the perimeter. After getting it anchored so that the first strong wind doesn't take it down, the screen room is ready for chairs, a table, and the little TV/Video player. It's always handy to have on hand when kids want to watch the Wallace & Gromit videos on a summer day...



...or if Kevin and I want to watch an old Miss Marple, while still being able to enjoy the pond and the flower garden without getting eaten alive by mosquitoes.


Photobucket
Author, Second Chance - A Tale of Two Puppies
Check out my handcrafted soaps at Soap'n'Such

12 comments:

Empty Nester said...

I love Miss Marple! She's just about the coolest lady ever! What a great idea- I would tell Hubs all about it but our screen room would have to have air conditioning in it! LOL

Unknown said...

What a great little spot for enjoying the summer :) I LOVE your quilt that's on the chair.. my mom made me one of those when I was younger.. I still have it!!

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

I love this idea!!! I want to come over and hang out!

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

jennyfreckles said...

Looks like a great idea for your hot weather - inside but outside and no mozzies.

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

Oh please, can Greg and I come to Wisconsin and just sit out there with you and Kevin? I promise, no cell phones!

J_on_tour said...

It's an interesting and unusual concept to me to watch TV outside. Your choice of family viewing has been noted !!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

How cool is that?! Love it!

Mama Hen said...

That is perfect for relaxing on a warm summer day! Wonderful! I hope you are doing great my friend!

Mama Hen

Jean | Delightful Repast said...

What a great place to hang out with Lionel, a good book and something cool! A beautiful spot!

Under Her Wings said...

I love that screen room! We have a huge deck in the back but sometimes the mosquitoes are awful here in the South. I'd love something like that so that I could watch (or read) Miss Marple.

Robin said...

The screen room it great, makes me want to have one.

Candace said...

What a wonderful idea! I sure wish I had one of these. Between the mosquitoes and the black flies, being outside in the my yard is not as much fun as it could be. You have such a beautiful spot to relax. Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails