Monday, September 5, 2011

August, Part I

Up On The Roof


It's been so long since I've posted anything, but I thought I'd start with last month's birthday. As I've mentioned before, I'm hoping that it will develop into a trend that all the kids will be here on my birthday. I love having them around. Bridger and Misty, Lionel and Tuppence are great, but they just don't seem to adequately take the place of the 'kids.' The whole family wasn't together, but it was fun to spend time with some of them. Also becoming a trend is going to Brit's in Minneapolis. I love the fish...and the ambience.

So, it goes something like this: Brit's for dinner, then Barnes & Noble Booksellers on Nicollet, then a stroll through Whole Foods for a few odds and ends and free samples. :-)


Delicious!

I could probably make this at home, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Minneapolis Skyline as Seen From Brit's Roof



A Visit to Whole Foods - Henry and his mama perusing the produce aisles


The soon-to-be-married youngest son and his fiance
She loves him, in spite of the fact that she has seen what his room looks like. :-)


 Looking down the steps at Brit's


 We weren't part of the lawn bowling scene, but it was fun watching.


 ...just in case you're going lawn bowling in the near future.


 Pitching? the ball


 The mandatory red phone box
(How I would love one for my garden!)



 Cute Henry and his cute papa


 Believe it or not, although we whine about our cold winters, we also have hot and muggy days in the summer. But it still looks appealing to eat outdoors on the sidewalk, doesn't it.


 St. Thomas, behind the old MacPhail building, which is now boarded up. So sad. We were hoping to walk those old halls once again - where our daughter (Henry's mom) took violin lessons.


Angela at Good Earth in Roseville, my other favorite place to eat in the Twin Cities. 

 
I can't believe how August flew by. 'The Days Were Just Packed,' but good. Lots of company, lots of gardening, lots of good eating, and three birthdays! (Henry's, Joe's, and mine.)

More August reminiscences to follow...



Photobucket

16 comments:

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

What fun! You take such beautiful photos. Little Henry is just adorable! I know you loved having him around! Happy belated birthday!

Empty Nester said...

So glad to see you back! Also glad that you've been busy with family! Such a good looking family too!

Judy S. said...

Hope you had a nice birthday, Judy. When was it?
Sounds like you had a busy August? Keeping up with the kids is getting harder, at least for me! That little Henry's getting to be a big boy!

Parsley said...

I will have to get some hints of where to go if my DD ever travels there. LOVE LOVE the phone booth.

Mama Hen said...

There is nothing like having family around. I hope that is a tradition that the kids will be ther for all of your birthdays! The red phone booth is so cool! Henry is so cute! I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your concern about the hurricane. Our beach bungalow took a hit and we are dealing with that now. But as I sadi before, I am so thankful that we are all fine. Have a great night!

Mama Hen

Candace said...

It's so good to see you back again! I'm happy you got the chance to enjoy your kids like that. What a special time for all of you! I hope you can make that birthday reunion a yearly tradition. Thanks for sharing your photos and memories with us! Have a great week!

Tiffanee said...

Happy late birthday!! Looks like an amazing time. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Mmmm, those fish and chips do look good. Looks like a great birthday. I love love love Minneapolis. One of my favorite cities in the country. Oh and Henry!!! He's getting so big, and soooo handsome!


Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Under Her Wings said...

Happy birthday, Judy. And Henry is a doll! I know you miss him. And to think! England in Minneapolis--how appropriate. How far are you from Minneapolis? Been there once.

brlracincwgrl said...

I love the pictures! They are gorgeous! :).

I've never been to Whole Foods, I definitely need to check it out!

Joyce said...

Looks like a fun place!

Unknown said...

Looks like a fantastic way to spend your birthday!!
I can't believe how big Henry is getting!!

SomeGirl said...

You've been missed! looks like a WONDERFUL way to spend your birthday! Your family is beautiful, btw.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

My goodness! Where did August go is right?! I think that was the shortest month this year! ;)

George The Lad said...

Happy belated birthday to you, Henry and Joe, a phone box is on this sept Photo hunt mom says she going to put me in and shut the door!!!
Wow you got fish and chips to!
Have a good week
See yea George xxx

J_on_tour said...

What a fascinating post as always. It was funny reading all those remote Scottish names on that scoreboard. It seems to be more British than my home city ! I don't have Fish & Chips that often but I made an exception last weekend at The Magpie in Whitby. ... The queue to get in is always too long (check out Google images) so I opted for a take out. I was eyed up by a few nearby seagulls !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails