Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ten Days With Grandsons

Playing Kickball on the Hill

Bridger's hips are in no shape to be playing kickball, but he can't resist being there to herd the kids. We're enjoying having three of our young grandsons with us. I wanted you to know that I may not be getting posts up as regularly, but the reason is there in that alfalfa field. We're busy - keeping the boys busy and hopefully (and so far) happy!

I'll have to admit that this grandma and grandpa were totally BEAT at the end of Day 2, but on the third day (and a lot of prayer) we all seemed to get into a routine, which made things so much easier.

  • Slow and easy breakfast time
  • An hour of 'work' in the morning
    • I was explaining this to a friend yesterday: It's not that you or I would call it work, necessarily, but it's things that have to be done, e.g. picking the tomatoes or picking up sticks around the yard - accompanied by Grandma and Grandpa, of course.
  • Lunchtime
  • Going someplace special in the afternoon
  • PBS Kids while Grandma is making dinner
    • Don't worry, Mom, I'm careful of what they watch.
  • Dinnertime
  • Active outdoor time
  • Bible time, Story time, Bedtime
 The boys and Grandpa, who is pointing out the abundance and danger of the poison ivy in the ditches

Don't try to tell him that he's not a BIG KID


 Helping clean up after Grandpa cut up the limbs trimmed from the maple tree


'I may not be able to push the wheelbarrow, but I can hang on and feel BIG'


 Skype-ing with Mom and Dad and sisters who are in Tampa at the RNC


 At Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls, WI
I bet you didn't know that cannon actually shoot bowling balls!
(8 year old wisdom)

Everyone's now sleeping through the night, which is really a blessing! Even Grandma slept through the whole night last night. Unheard of.

The New Bird Bath
(Thank you, Beth)
and those tomatoes the boys helped pick
I really should can them tomorrow, but it's not going to happen.
We have things to do and places to go and people to see!


***

'Forest Floor'
a Woodland Floral

...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at

25 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds wonderful - exhausting but wonderful
I can barely make it through a weekend with 2 little girls having sleep overs!
XOX

Denise said...

Your grandsons are very blessed to have you for a grandmother.

Parsley said...

Love these pictures! Don't know if God will bless me with Grandkids in the future but I hope he also blesses me with extra energy if he does! ;-) Fun to see your hubby and dog too.

MadSnapper said...

you slept the sleep of total exhaustion.. i like the one with the wheel barrow, he is such a big boy. and love the skype shot

Unknown said...

Everyone looks like they are having such a great time! I'm sure it is a bit exhausting from time to time, but you know you wouldn't change it for the world :) Enjoy your time with them!

Eileen H said...

Treasure these days spent with your grandsons. Nice to see you all having such a good time.

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Kids are the best at those ages!!

Terri @ A Creative Princess said...

What beautiful memories you and Kevin are giving those lucky 3 boys! Just think, this time next week, you can take a nap. Enjoy!

Sue said...

Looks like you are having fun! I have had my grandchildren with me for the last 5 weeks (with their Mum and Dad thank goodness) they go back to England on Saturday though!

Empty Nester said...

How much FUN are you having, you lucky grandma! Those boys are the cutest things! I love the picture of them Skyping with the parents and sisters. Actually, I loved all the pictures. Wish I was having that kind of fun!

Robin said...

Love your pictures. I know you are having a great time...but it does make your tired. Oh, the memories you will have, that is worth every minute of being tired.
Enjoy your time with the boys.

Robin said...

Love your pictures. I know you are having a great time...but it does make your tired. Oh, the memories you will have, that is worth every minute of being tired.
Enjoy your time with the boys.

Tausha said...

You had me at spending 7 days with your grandsons! You are a fantastic mom and I as a daughter of 3 girls, are more than grateful for fabulous grandparents!
Jealous of your tomatoes!

I also wanted to say thank you for the kind comment that you left for me at I heart naptime. I love that I am not the only one who loves a little taste of fall decor!

Have a happy day!

Tausha
sassystyleredesign.com

Debra Hawkins said...

What a wonderful time! You are so wonderful to them!

RURAL said...

Ah so everyone is totally exhausted that's a good thing, and you slept through the night.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful memory making visit with three amazing boys.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

Lois Christensen said...

Sounds like you are enjoying every minute with the boys! And the schedule looks nice also. I've spent some time recently canning my tomatoes and just picked another bunch that should get canned also. Enjoy your Wednesday!

Ruth Kelly said...

It is amazing how grand kids can wear you out but it is the best way to be tired.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Sounds like quite the schedule!! Have a great week!

Joyce said...

Looks like lots of busy fun! Enjoy : )

J_on_tour said...

Tiring but great times. The post you have once again created oozes the warmth of the moment and memories to treasure.

Anonymous said...

I am amazed you find the time to blog!! However, it is wonderful to see the pictures and laugh! We miss them very much but are thankful that they (and you!) are having a good time...and sleeping well at night!

Chatty Crone said...

I am enjoying your visit with the grands and all the things you are doing with them. Work is good too. And I noticed they all have different color hair - so amazing how genetics work isn't it. Looks like fun! sandie

Carla from The River said...

Fun, Fun! Irvine is a great place to visit.
I like your daily routine. :)

RebeccaT said...

Those are just precious pictures, Routine is the only way to survive!

Lydia Masrud said...

And to think, as soon as they're gone. You'll have me. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails