Saturday, October 6, 2012

Fall Colors in Wisconsin

 Eighteenth Street
October 2, 2012


I took these photos on Tuesday, October 2. They're all from our neighborhood. The color was absolutely stunning. No wonder we love this time of year!  I was so glad I got out there with my camera because... today, just four days later when Kevin and I went for a walk, it felt more like November. Dark clouds were scudding across the sky, it was windy and cold, and a lot of the fall color has already been lost.

I hope you'll enjoy this blog postcard of the leaves at their peak of color - Autumn in Wisconsin!

 Deer stand at the edge of the [harvested] cornfield
October 2, 2012


 ATV tunnel
October 2, 2012


 View from our deck October 2, 2012


 Eighteenth Street
October 2, 2012


October 6
Fifth Avenue, losing leaves fast
(taken with cellphone) 


***


This post is linked to Photo Friday
and Sunny Simple Sunday 


***


'Frosted Apple Spice'
Natural, Vegan
...and more! Check out all my handcrafted soaps at

20 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, really lovely.

vintage grey said...

So gorgeous!!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

Anonymous said...

Such pretty sights from around your home. Oh, how I love fall. Praying that Lionel will drink/eat very soon.

Olive said...

Can I come camp on your deck? I can cook and I do landscaping.

Empty Nester said...

GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous! If I put up pictures of our fall so far, everyone would think it was still summer.

Amy Burzese said...

Beautiful! I wish I could be there to see the color. I am so envious of the view from your deck. I hope Lionel is doing well.

April said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing. Can't wait till the colors are fully underway here. Hope Lionel gets better!!

Chatty Crone said...

The view from your deck - is that all yours? That is breathtaking. So beautiful. I really enjoyed each photo.

Debra Hawkins said...

Wow, these are all so beautiful. I love fall, I am so glad we live in a place that has fall, I missed it when we didn't.

J_on_tour said...

A narrow window of a few days to capture the mood ... that I always seem to miss.
The quality on this set is superb. Your camera is working a treat here. On a side note, it's nice to see the contrast against the blue sky in one of them.

Ladies Holiday said...

Stunning! Every leaf color is represented! Thanks for commenting on ladies holiday- we're following too :)

NanaNor's said...

Hi Judy, Oh how I love the colors of the northeast. It is amazing what two days can do when the colors have peaked. Beautiful colors, thanks for sharing.
Noreen

20 North Ora said...

OMG!! The trees are just amazing!! We probably aren't going to have much color this year because of the intense temps this summer and the lack of rain. Thanks for sharing - I'll enjoy yours.

Judy

Sunny Simple Life said...

I am so jealous. So gorgeous. I would love to see it in person.

pembrokeshire lass said...

Oh, I just love Wisconsin at this time of year and used to come over to visit my friends just to see the colours(not what I told them). I've come over from Sunny Simple Sunday and am so glad that I have. Just lovely!! Joan

MadSnapper said...

my favorite is the tunnel, my second favorite is the one with the deer stand. beautiful photos, all of these

Chenille Cottage said...

Creative Design at His very best!
I can't help but think that God stitched us a colorful patchwork quilt to wrap us in His love throughout the coming Fall and Winter months.
Thank you for your beautiful post!
Blessings,
Carolynn
I'm happy to have found your blog thanks to Elaine at Sunny Simple Sundays.

Joyce said...

It's turning gorgeous here too. October is my favorite month in this part of the country.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Beautiful!
Fall seems to be moving fast this year.

Carla from The River said...

Great photos! I love the ATV tunnel. Cool shot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails