Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Not an Antique Rooster

My favorite not-an-antique ROOSTER
Isn't he beautiful!

Although I found this fella at an antique store, even I knew that he wasn't an antique. It would probably be a stretch as well, to say that he's vintage. Nevertheless, how could I pass him up. Just look at those gorgeous iridescent blue-green tail feathers! Since I don't have chickens in my pen at the time, and we don't have a porch on our house (yet), where I'm planning to sit in a wicker rocker with my lap chicken (Can't you see Ma and Pa Kettle?), then I'll be satisfied to gaze upon my sweet rooster who stands atop the cook stove.

And in case you're wondering, no, those aren't eggs in the foliage behind the rooster. They're flowers.  But very egg-looking flowers, if you ask me.


For a closer look


Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

The photo above reminds me of my favorite greeting card from Studio206WI, Carla's Etsy shop. Check it out! :-)

***


Be sure to enter the Giveaway on my sidebar!
(who is married to Mr. Thornton)

'Thyme & Lavender'
Natural, handcrafted vegan soap

...and more! Check out all our handcrafted soaps at


 This post may be linked to some of the following: Mop it Up Monday  and Get in My Tummy and  Cure for the Common Monday and  Clever Chicks Blog Hop and  Barn Charm and  The Marketplace  and  Mix it up Monday and Make it Pretty Monday and    Making the World Cuter Mondays and Make the Scene Monday and  Something I Whipped Up Monday and  Motivate Me Monday and  Making Monday Marvelous and Get Your Craft On and   You're Gonna Love it Tuesday and Creative Showcase and  Tweak it Tuesday and  Coastal Charm Tuesday and  Take a Look Tuesday and  Tasty Tuesday  and Love Bakes Good Cakes  and Overflowing With Creativity and Mom on TimeOut  and Adorned from Above and Wildcrafting Wednesday and   Cast Party Wednesday and  We Did it Wednesday  and All Things With Purpose and Home & Garden Thursday and It's a Party at Creative Princess and Artsy Corner Thursday  and Creative Things Thursday and Be Inspired and Time Travel Thursday and Thrifty Things Friday  and  Friday Fences and  Thursday's Inspiration and  The Self-sufficient Home Acre and  I'm Lovin' it Thursday and Creative Things Thursday and   Mandatory Mooch   and Foodie Friends Friday and Freedom Fridays and  Anything Blue Friday and Junkin' Joe and  Serenity Saturday and Get Schooled Saturday  and Inspiration Friday(ThursNite) and Vintage Inspiration Friday and Photo Friday and  A Favorite Thing Saturday and Sunny Simple Sunday and Sunlit Sunday and  Market Yourself Monday and  Saturday Nite Special

30 comments:

Diane said...

Very neat! And I like the old license plate in the background too!

Anonymous said...

I love your rooster! A great find - vintage or not.

Unknown said...

Very cute!! I am always surprised what you see in antique stores these days.... one time I found a cabbage patch doll! Granted, it might be a collectors item.. but antique? lol

Unknown said...

What a great rooster-the colors are so vivid. I have 3 that watch over the kitchen.
Have a good Wed

MadSnapper said...

he truly is a beautiful rooster, the colors and his face. and i like things that look old or vintage even if they are not. it is the look not the age that i like. what a great find.

Judy said...

Oh yes! I love, love, love, your rooster. He's very similar to one I found in an antique shop.

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh yes he is marvelous!! I see why you fell in love.

podso said...

He could be an antique ... but most of all, he's lovable!

Empty Nester said...

Those flowers really do look like eggs! My mother has a rooster that's been around since I was little (which might make it close to an antique) and she just loves that thing!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Nice find!
Most of our antique shops are like that, more odds and ends and junk then true antique or vintage. But you know the say'n "One Man's trash is other's treasure!"

Chatty Crone said...

You need to get a couple more and you could put them in your hen house! It's a nice one. sandie

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

He is a handsome rooster indeed but alas I am more interested in those chicken pies now....: )

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

He is a handsome rooster indeed but alas I am more interested in those chicken pies now....: )

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love your Rooster! I once saw one at a condo we were staying at that was as wonderful and I should have asked if I could buy it because I've never seen another as lovely-until yours.
Thank you for sharing.
Noreen

Carla from The River said...

Thank you!! :-)

I love your rooster! Does he have a name?

J said...

Your rooster is beautiful! And no one should laugh about your vision of holding a hen in your lap. My grandparents lived behind us and had chickens. My sisters and I were over there all the time petting them and snuggling them in our laps. Just kinda weird looking at those eyes because you could never tell if they were looking at you or not. Not sure they wanted to sit in our laps either, but they tolerated it!

Denise said...

Really cool.

RURAL said...

He is the talk of the walk...lol.

For years my Husband loved chickens, and roosters until we couldn't find another spot for one in our little condo....then we had to tell people no more.

Jen

Ladies Holiday said...

What a great item for your collection!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Mr. Rooster is very handsome whether he's antique, vintage or otherwise!

Terri D said...

He is a very handsome rooster, no matter how old he might be! I can see why you couldn't resist!!

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Love that rooster to!!

Eileen H said...

He's lovely.
He'll be an antique one day :-)

Cynthia said...

This is a great rooster I couldn't have passed him up either.

Cynthia

Marigene said...

That is one handsome rooster! Glad you are giving him a good home...
have a great weekend.

Donna Wilkes said...

That handsome guy looks perfectly at home there!

Susan Freeman said...

Love your too whether vintage or not!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Nancy said...

It's beautiful no matter it's age!

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

I love roosters too. So homey and colorful. I always wanted a collection, but never found too many down here in sunny Florida. I guess they are more a mid-western item, where farms are aplenty. :-)
from The Dugout

Kathy said...

LOVE roosters! Is this cast iron? The colors are brilliant! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails